Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

fabric ring necklace


Remember how I loved this necklace? I just got around to making my own, here's how:


Supplies: one fat quarter or fabric scraps cut into five 1" wide strips (preferably use a fabric with a small print), five rings*, string/yarn, glue gun

*Now let me start by saying that I searched every nook and cranny of the craft store before I finally found some rings. Tucked away in the back corner clearance section (of course the last place I looked) these button covers caught my eye so I grabbed them and ran.
Then Husband asked me why I just didn't get shower curtain rings.

No comment.


So, since my rings were a little flat in the back I decided to wrap them with some batting first to give them a plumper effect.

I feel a bit silly telling you how to do this because it's so simple - all you have to do is glue your fabric to the ring and start wrapping, then glue the end in the back where you won't see it. Use the string or yarn to bind the rings together in the shape you want and then use more string/yarn or some pretty lace to make the chain.

Easy peasy.

3 comments:

  1. you look like a babe in that shirt. necklace turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's way fun! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! It looks great...I just might have to try something similar.

    Also, Adam was teasing me because I've been meaning to buy this cute little shirt from your shop for quite some time and just kept forgetting. I went to buy it the other day, and what do you know...it sold on the day Rilo was born!!!! That's what I get for waiting!

    ReplyDelete